So over they weekend i got on the painting of my french gun team, which as pictured earlier, has a limber team and caisson team. this is for my somewhat-sidelined peninsular war skirmish project, using Sharp practice. this is the first Item I've done for it, and it's also the first time I've used tufts for basing.
|Full gun team from Front Rank|
The front rank artillery equipment is really fantastic . The horse teams even come with bendable wire to attach the horses to the limber. the wire is unfortauntely un textured, so I painted the rope texture on.
It's also the first time I've tried a more arid basing scheme, including the first attempt at using tufts. it turned out ok, although i couldn't use as many tufts as i wanted. it gets expensive.