one of the things I wanted to try out was a slightly modified concept for the sequence deck. I decided this because I've recently read a few articles and blog posts about how to run the ideal convention game. The central points were similar in all of them:
- Try to keep as many people occupied in the game as possible.
- Try whenever possible to have everything pre-deployed on-table, and keep off-board reinforcements to an absolute minimum.
To fulfill #1, I decided that instead of having a card for every single Big Men, I'd have individual cards for all the big men of Initiative 2+, but a single card for all the initiative 1 Big men in each force. This seemed to work, but I think I'll go one further, and have a card for all Level 2 Big Men, and a card for all Level 1 Big Men in a force.
British artillery unlimbers and
Having done that, I completely forgot idea #2, and had a lot of the forces coming from off board. It made sense with the scenario, but practically speaking, it really slowed the game down. next time i will deploy all forces on table, even if it's on the edge. this should drastically speed up the game pace. Now that I have worked the basic kinks out of this scenario, I'll start planning the 2nd one i intend to run at MIGSCON..
A colonial ranger picks an odd time to clean
his musket barrel.
I probably won't be posting much over the next 3-4 weeks. I'll be driving out west to Edmonton to visit my family. It will be a much needed break from painting.