Wednesday, February 16, 2011

More uniforms of the Electorate of Lustigzollern - Großgesaß

The other day I stumbled upon the Not By Appointment SYW uniforms blog .  This site has a pretty solid selection of  uniforms for the mid 18th century.  I decided to re-do all my uniforms using David's wonderful templates.

Kurfurst Regiment
Kurprinz Regiment
LustigZollern Pandur Regiment



Osterhaagen Dragoons
Osterhaagen Dragoon Horse Grenadier
Artillery Büchsenmeister

















Metzger Kuirassier
 
























 I also re-touched the Kurfurst regiment's flag. I decided it was a little too purple. this brings it more in line with the facing colour of the actual regimental facings.
Old Kurfurst Regimentsfahne

New Kurfurst Regimentsfahne

I ordered the first regiment of infantry( 48 Fusiliers, 8 grenadiers, 2 3Ib cannons, 8 command), as well as the first squadron of the Metzger Kuirassier  from Crusader USA.   I also ordered the last 8  Turkish janissaries and the Regimental Kazan, another 10 sipahis, 24 Tufekcis skirmishers, and a Turkish cannon & team  from TAG to mostly complete my Renaissance Turks/ImagiNation Asarya army. that should keep me busy for a while.  I'll have to wait a bit to buy the artillery train for both nations' Gun teams. if anyone knows a company that produces Turkish limbers, let me know.

Incidentally, if anyone knows were to find information on the colors of the Tufekcis uniforms, please feel free to share.  I have been as of yet unsuccessful in finding pictures of them.

2 comments:

  1. Great uniforms!
    Overall the army of Lustigzollern - Großgesaß has a somewhat 'Balkanic' look. I suspect the Electorate to be located not far from better known Borduria and Syldavia (& perhaps 'Eastern' Cavenderia).

    Btw "L'esercito Ottomano di Candia a Passarowitz by Bruno Mugnai recommended on the 'Syldavia' blog is seemingly out of print, and 'Jiminho' blogger profile does not give access to his e-mail: but for the Tufekcis uniforms, maybe you can ask the question on the Miniature Page 18th C. forum?

    Jean-Louis
    (aka Louys de Monte-Cristo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed - very attractive and very colourful.

    We may be neighbours and I hope we can join together to give the savage Turk a drubbing.

    ReplyDelete