the Spanish church has largely been on hold until i could find a set of suitably Spanish grave stones. as such i decided to try and get a few bases complete, and test out the texturing and colour scheme. I finished detailing and painting the small house and yard, and the larger Spanish Hacienda.
Getting some terrain has long been a sticking point for really starting my peninsular war skirmish project. now that i have some buildings and one or 2 more bases on the way, i can realistically start thinking about getting more figures painted.
|Small House & courtyard with front rank gun team|
|Large hacienda, with Victrix British ambushing Victrix french.|
|Hacienda from the opposite angle|
I settled on a mixture of water, white glue, durabond 90 and fine balast for the texture. this is a modified recipe that i used for the rock outcroppings i made way back when i started the blog 2 years ago. the druabond dries hard as rock, and the white glue makes it less prone to chipping. the combination is very durable. you would not know from feeling teh courtyard walss that they were made out of foamcore.
For the large hacienda, i still need to put some plants in the planter in the courtyard.
I almost have another base ready to be textured, and if i can find some more O-scale Spanish roof tile i can have 2 more ready to go, plus maybe a town hall. the church will be last because i have to order some suitably Spanish graveyard accoutrements.I'm also looking at buying a nice set of doors for the front of it.