After hotlead was finished, school reared it's ugly head. we had all kinds of issues with professors so i really needed to buckle down. in the words of one friend:
My college course has somehow become a National Lampoon film, with me as a character within it. A real life college course can not possibly be this outrageously poorly run. I can only comprehend the last few weeks by believing I am actor trapped in a never ending college comedy flick, and not as a human being in a real world college.
sadly that was a common feeling.
After the year was done, i ended up being occupied by a seemingly never ending succession of renovations. first was ripping out a wall so the crack in the foundation could be fixed. then it was pouring a concrete pad for a shed, and then assembling the shed. following that, i had to insulate the enclosed porch out back, to make it a 3-season room. while we were doing that some mild leaks popped up in the roof of the porch, so we had to fix those as well. all of this was in preparation for the new windows and door going into the back porch.
earlier this week i finally snapped some pics of a few things. the first of which is the 2 armies I used for the Sharp Practice game I ran at Hotlead entitled, "Assault at El MAtadaro".
in this scenario, the french were assaulting the fictional town of El Matadaro. the terrain is that seen in the previous thread.
|French Forces for the Assault at El Matadaro|
the french infantry are Victrix 1808-1812 french. the dragoons(both mounted and dismounted) are perry, and the cannon team and crew are Front rank. there were 3 line company groups, 1 grenadier group, 1 voltigeur group, 2 dismounted dragoon groups and a mounted dragoon group. then of course the gun team.
|British defenders of El Matadaro|
In the battle at the convention, the end result was a draw. one British cannon had been captured, the other one was be mandhandled back a bit. the french had made it into the edge of the town but had not made much more progress past that.
also, a few weeks ago, i ordered some Napoleonic stuff from foundry, in light of their new pricing. they had brought back individual packs of Russian opolchenie, so i picked up enough packs to finish of the 2 half units I've had unpainted sitting in boxes. I also grabbed 3 packs of jagers in firing line to use as skirmishers. I also grabbed the Napoleon, marshals and staff, which is a vignette of a painting of Napoleon at Borodino.
In addition to that, my birthday was last Friday, and my father ordered me the perry Russian command sprues I needed(22 to be exact) to be able to make units out of the 2 warlord Russian starter armies(which had 1 command set of 4 figs for 120 infantry!) , so I'll be starting in on them soon. they gave him a call the day after he ordered to confirm he actually wanted that many.
so expect to see lots more Russians in the near future, as well as more french for my friend Derek's army./
Hopefully I'll be posting a little more often now that the pace of renovation has slowed a bit.