Wednesday, October 6, 2010

And Now for Something Completely Different: Desert Buildings

 I recently decided to expand my desert building collection.  Right now most of my stuff is small individual buildings. I want to be able to do something that looks more like the outskirts of a city or a a poor city neighborhood.

Middle Eastern compound WIP

I decided to start with a small compound made up of 3 buildings with an inner and outer courtyard.  all the walls and buildings are 1/8" Plywood, and the stairs are mostly basswood. the base is a 12x12' piece of MDF.Look a little rough now but once the whole thing is textured you won't even notice.

Close up of the inner court yard with stairs

I'll be finishing it off tomorrow, Just need to texture and paint it. I'll also be adding some arid looking foliage to the planter beside the stairs. If I can find a source of hinges small enough, I may also add some working doors.

 s
Reverse angle

2 comments:

  1. For hinges try either dolls houses or model boat suppliers (wood not plastic). Years ago we had a wonderful model shop that stocked rack upon rack of little bags with such bits - now its a pub :-
    (

    Andrew
    www.blog.kings-sleep.me.uk

    ReplyDelete