Saturday, March 27, 2021

Last of my AWI for now...

 this week I finished the last 3 complete units for my American War of Independence SP2 project. I still have a unit of  British grenadiers but I'm missing 1 figure, and I don't have money to buy a replacement right now unfortunately.

This week all 3 of the units are British.  I have 2 units of 6 British light infantry, and 1 unit of 8 grenadiers. The grenadiers are a mix of Perry and Foundry metals and the  light infantry are Perry plastic.  I also had a an extra mounted commander which I painted up as a British officer with the same facings as the light units.

24th Regiment of foot, light infantry,
Perry plastics
=
Grenadiers of the 42nd Regiment of Foot,
Mix of Foundry and Perry Metals.

I picked these units at random.  I liked the idea of dark green horse hair crests on the "saratoga" cap so I did the lights as that unit. I just like the blue facings on grenadiers, so I picked a random unit that would have used that facing colour.


I realized last week, while talking with a friend, that i have 50+ native Americans that I kept from my FIW project, as they were both the nicest figures form that collection, and probably the best painted. I don't think they've been photographed since i touched them up, so I'll be taking pictures some time in the near future.  Expect that to be my next post.








1 comment:

  1. The Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Board of Education shortly abbreviated as GSEB Board is a government body of the state of Gujarat, which is responsible for the quality of education in the state. The main functions of GSEB Board are to design the syllabus and question paper and to conduct the exam, etc. GSEB 10th Textbooks 2021-2022 Students studying in Class 10th under Gujarat secondary education board must follow the right textbooks to prepare for their examination as Class 10th standard is considered very useful for a student. The Gujarat Board std 10 textbook download is given here, so that students can prepare for their SSC exam more efficiently.

    ReplyDelete