Friday, February 28, 2014

first 2 months of 2014 in review

yesterday I painted the last battalion of the Russian 12th Infantry Division,  the 2nd battalion of  New Ingermand(or New Ingria, depending on your source du jour)  musketeer regiment.

New Ingermand Musketeer Regiment, 2nd battalion,


 at the same time i also knocked out 2 brigade commanders, one perry, one foundry.  both are excellent figures, although the perry horses are a little nicer.
 

Russian Brigade commanders, left: Perry, Right: Foundry
I also took stock of the first 2 months of the year while waiting for a wash to dry.   I look back at the blog and also in some cases i had at hand, and came to the compulsion that since new years I've painted about 260 28mm infantry, 15 cavalry, 6 28mm buildings,  8 forest bases, a bridge, a 12x12 feild, 18 feet of roads, and some bockages stuff. oh, and  4 feet of snake fencing.  not to shabby!  it's amazing what you can do when you don't(or inexplicably can't) work for a living(see below).

Aside from painting figures I've been looking for a co-op for the electrical engineering technology program I'm enrolled in.  I came close to getting on once in early january, but since then everything has dried up.  fortunately  my ability to paint to channel my frustration has returned. It had been absent for several years.

More terrain, and almost certainly more Russians(Artillery) are in the works for March.  I'm in the process of getting ready for Hotlead, a convention in Southern Ontario at the end of March.



2 comments:

  1. Lovely unit. Crisp and clear painting style! Hope to see a shot of your complete Russian Army at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 260 figures! I'm pleased with my 22! The Russians are splendid. I love the way you have done the flags!

    ReplyDelete